It’s a universal fact: Everybody wants to look their very best. More so if one has given birth to a beautiful life and after coping with nine months of stress and pain has been left behind with flabby skin which just won’t go away. That’s where Mommy Makeover, a collection of special surgeries designed to get you back to your pre-baby body, comes in. Now that you’re going for the operation, you might want to figure out certain do’s and don’ts concerning the operation to get you back to the shape you’ve dreamt of so far:
• BACTERIAS NOT ALLOWED – It is of prime importance to keep bacteria or any other microbe at bay, lest it may cause some trouble. Mothers should start bathing with anti-bacterial soap and use antiseptics 1-2 weeks prior to the surgery. Also, post- surgery the use of antiseptics and antibacterials must be continued so as to prevent any infections. It is advisable to keep away from pets post-surgery; they tend to carry certain microbes which may be harmful at this stage.
• WHAT TO SAY TO THE KIDS – This is also an important issue that must be addressed with utmost care, especially if they aren’t old enough. Many questions will be asked by them but one must keep patience and try to answer them.
• HOUSE WORK – It is definitely better to take help for household chores. House care can be recruited or near and dear ones can be called, but a pair of helping hands is mandatory, both before and after the surgery. Many mothers tend to think that most of the jobs require their intervention, but they must trust others. Also, they would be required to take a lot of rest. All the more reason to get in-house care.
• THE HOURS BEFORE- One must have the stomach empty and eat less before the surgery; otherwise there is a chance of throwing up during the surgery and choking the lungs, which is very bad. Also, it is advisable to talk to the surgeon before taking any medicine pre- surgery. The medicines must be taken only after a clear green signal is provided.
• KEEP IT HEALTHY- Alcoholic beverages, tobacco, and junk food must be strictly avoided both before and after the surgery. Also many mothers have the idea that they won’t be requiring any exercise but studies have shown that those who exercised regularly recovered much faster and faced problems throughout than those who did not.
• PETS- If there are pets in the house, they should be transferred to somewhere outside the house. At the very least keep them away from the bedroom and main living areas. They are known to carry bacteria in their fur, and handling them might be a one-way ticket to diseases.
• RESEARCH IS A MUST- Doing proper research really and asking questions really helps.
• TAKE IT EASY – One must take it easy, talk to the surgeons and let the whole procedure take its own time. Wearing comfortable clothes also helps. Also taking proper medication at the right time reduces the healing period. Time will do the healing, so it’s useless to rush. Motivated and calm patients have a faster and better recovery than anxious ones.
Trust the doctors and walk (be wheeled) into the operation theater with a big smile. Everything will turn out just right, and you might walk away with a body even better than you had hoped for. Good Luck!